I feel as though I have come full circle in many ways. What exactly does “full circle” mean? Well, if you imagine a circle, and you begin at any given point on that circle, and move in one direction, eventually you will end up in the same spot you started. How do you jump away from that circle and move in a new direction? First, you have to recognize that you are moving in a circle and STOP.
Once you have stopped, assessed where you are and where you’ve been, you can be purposeful, and gracefully step outside the circle and create a new path. This is where I find myself today.
You know that old saying, “You don’t know what you don’t know,” well that is absolutely true. Often, when we tap into the minds of others, we realize that we truly “don’t know what we don’t know” until we ask the right questions. Suddenly, our minds are enlightened and we learn and grow in ways not possible before.
I know that I have not been posting on my blog daily like I first intended to do. However, the past couple of months I have been experiencing a great deal of growth intellectually and spiritually. My mind has been flooded, day and night, with new inspiration, thoughts and ideas, that have moved me down a new (but also old) path. New because I am seeing things differently this time and my mind and heart have been enlightened to new ways of doing things. Old because the basic mechanics are the same.
The past couple of years I have spent a great deal of time reflecting and observing, not just on my own life but the lives of those around me. Recently, I have spent a great deal of time “stepping outside the box” so to speak, and asking questions of others. My questions were purposeful. As I dug deeper and deeper into conversations, I began to see and understand things from an entirely new perspective. My eyes have been opened and my vision is much clearer.
It seems as though each and every day I am surprised by something new that I learn. As I embark on this new (yet also old) journey, it is with new eyes and clearer vision that I see the path before me. This time I will not be traveling in a circle, this time my path is straight and moving in one direction only. That direction is forward.
Stop and ask yourself these questions:
1. How can you find out what you don’t know?
2. Are you asking the right questions to the right people?
3. Do you ever feel like your traveling in a circle? Doing the same things over and over again, getting the same results?
4. If those results are not the results you want, then how do you step outside that circle and achieve the results you want?
5. Are you achieving the results you want in the job/career you’re in? If not, why?
6. Do you keep traveling in the same circle? Maybe your career choice is the right one but you keep traveling the same course because you refuse to take off the blinders and see things from a different perspective. Or, perhaps there’s a different path altogether that you should be taking.
7. When was the last time you stepped outside the circle and evaluated your progress? Are you moving forward or backward? If you’re moving in a circle does it really matter? YES, it matters! You have to GET OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE and choose a path. Preferrably one that moves you forward.
Take a few moments, right now, to sit back and think about the direction your life is moving. Are you moving forward, backward, or in a circle. We are always moving in a direction, the question is, “What direction are you moving?”